Right Click to PRINT
Here are a few tips and suggestions for wording when contacting elected leaders and government officials.
Breaching the four Lower Snake River dams is the best opportunity to recover wild Chinook salmon to increase prey availability for Southern Resident Orcas. Doing so will;
• Stop wasting hundreds of millions of dollars each year in futile fish recovery efforts in the Snake River Basin.
• Cool the lower Snake River to its natural free-flowing state.
• Save keystone salmon species.
• Recover the largest historical source of prey for the Pacific Northwest’s endangered orca whales, listed by NOAA in 2015 as one of the eight species most in danger of going extinct in the near future if action is not taken immediately.
• Create the largest watershed restoration in North America, an incredible environmental legacy.